Yummy Breakfast Casserole
15.5oz pkg frozen shredded hasbrowns w/onions
(I shred 2-3 fresh potatoes and cut up 1/4 onion)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
(I substituted 1/2 pkg of cream cheese this time)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
4-6 slices bacon, cut in half and cooked ahead of time
6 eggs, whisked together
2 cups shredded cheese (I use monterey jack)
(1) Prepare hashbrowns according to pkg and set in lightly greased 9×13 pan. Cook bacon in separate pan and set aside.
(2) Melt butter in saucepan and add flour, salt, pepper. Stir in milk; cook until bubbly. Remove from heat; add in sour cream (or cream cheese) and blend. Pour mixture over hashbrowns.
(3) Scramble eggs and pour over other ingredients.
(4) Sprinkle cheese on top; add bacon in any pattern.
(5) Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I cook it uncovered.